Case Study 1: The Critical Need for Information Security
Due Week 2 and worth 100 points
Download and read the following articles available in the ACM Digital Library:
Bernier, M., Chapman, I., Leblanc, S. P., & Partington, A. (2011). An overview of cyber-attack and computer network operations simulation. Proceedings from MMS ’11: Military Modeling & Simulation Symposium. Boston, MA.
Maughan, D. (2010, February). The need for a national cybersecurity research and development agenda. Communications of the ACM, 53(2), 29-31.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Identify at least three (3) benefits or key knowledge points that could be derived from using cyber-attack simulator systems and research, and suggest how this insight could assist in defining the needs for security within an organization.
- Analyze and determine which sector, public or private, has greater insight on the potential of cyberattacks. Justify your answer by citing at least three (3) examples.
- Suggest at least four (4) best practices that should be implemented when developing a cybersecurity strategy within a security enterprise. Then, evaluate the required roles and functions of Information Technology (IT) personnel that would be required to sustain these best practices.
- Describe the role of planning when developing a cybersecurity strategy and what key deliverables would ensure an effective implementation and transition.
- Suggest how public-private partnerships can strengthen cybersecurity efforts and effectiveness in a:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
a. Corporate environment
b. Regional level
c. National level
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: