Finish the following two parts. Submit a word file containing your summary and answers.
Part 1: Reading Summary:
- Read the articles:
- Textbook Chapter 1 and PPT slides
- Part A of RAND Report R-609
- Two Videos
- Thirty Years Later- Lessons from the Multics Security Evaluation
- The evolution of information security
- Prepare a paper (more than one page; not more than 2 pages; single-spaced) addressing the following aspects of the articles:
- Summarize the content of the articles in your own words.
- Summarized the definition and conceptual areas of information security.
- Based on your own understanding, indicate what changed and what not changed in information security in the past 40 years.
- Your thoughts about the information security
Part 2: Discussion Problem
Answer the following two questions after you read the content in the chapter.
- What is the defining difference between computer security and information security?
- Why can we argue that information security is really an application of social science?