Option #1: Work in Modern America
Write a paper showing your understanding of work in modern America. Included in this paper must be an analysis of the tive and negative aspects of our relatively new service/knowledge-based economy and our place in the global economy. You must also critically analyze the interconnectedness of immigration, globalization, democracy, and corporate power.
Use evidence from Module 7 and Module 8, which include the following:
- The High Cost of Low Prices highlights the corporate practices and low price of Wal-Mart and how this impacts America and the world:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmnBbUjsPs
- This is What Democracy Looks Like covers the protest at the World Economic Forum meeting of September 11, 2000, in Melbourne, Australia:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruf1iBgdujs
- Your paper should be 6-8 pages long, not including the title or reference pages.
- Cite a minimum of 4 peer-reviewed, scholarly journal sources beyond the textbook to support your statements. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.
- Use evidence from your textbook.
- Cite both films found in Module 7 (The High Cost of Low PricesandThis is What Democracy Looks Like) and one other film used in the course.
- Format your paper according to theCSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
Reach out to your instructor at any point in the course if you have any questions about the assignment.
You Portfolio Project should meet the following requirements:
You are expected to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise, and organized fashion, using the required and recommended readings from the course for analytical support.
Review the Portfolio Project grading rubric, which can be accessed from the Module 8 folder.