Stock Market Project
You are going to be investigating the stock market, first historically, then currently.
Begin by researching stock markets in general. What was the very first? What was its purpose? How have markets evolved since?
Then answer the following questions:
What are the most important stock markets in the world, outside the U.S.? List and describe.
What is today’s importance of stock markets in general?
What is the function they provide?
What are investment strategies?
Compare and contrast Fundamental Analysis vs. Technical Analysis.
First, look into the history of the DOW and the NASDAQ, and S&P 500. You will profile and describe each in detail.
Then begin tracking (via spreadsheet; required) the performance of all 3 markets on a day-to-day basis beginning Monday July 8 and ending Friday August 2. You will record all 5 weekday results. Then, describe the performance over the period. What factors can explain the performance, if any? (macro, micro, behavioral, etc.…). In addition, you must select one individual stock (not local, please). You will track this stock, along with the 3 listed above.
Lastly, tell me what you learned about the market during the period. What will you take away from the experience?
1. This paper should be written in essay format
2. Use 12pt font, double-spaced
3. No minimum or maximum length
4. Document all resources in footnote/endnote/bibliography…no pedia sites.
5. You can use MLA, APA, or the college styles guide, your choice.
6. I will provide a link for electronic submission through BB when we get closer to the due date, which will be listed in the schedule.