1. A computer engineer has measured the power dissipated as heat generated by a
prototype microprocessor running at different clock speeds. The data are shown in the
following table. Create a proper plot of the following experimental data set.
2. Due to increased demand an industrial engineer is experimenting with increasing the
speed (S) of a machine use in the production of widgets. The machine is normally rated
to produce five (5) widgets per seconds and the engineer wants to know how many
defective parts (D) are made at higher speeds measured in defective parts per thousand.
The following table indicates the data collected. Prepare a proper plot of the following
experimental data set.
3. An Engineer is conducting tests of two prototype toothbrush sanitizers that use ultraviolet
radiation to kill pathogenic organisms while the toothbrush is stored. The engineer is trying
to determine the minimum power needed to reliably kill pathogens on toothbrushes.
Several toothbrushes are treated with a mix of bacteria, fungi, and viruses typically found
in the human mouth and then each is placed in one of the sanitizers for 6 hours at a
specific power level (P). After 6 hours in the sanitizers, the visible pathogens remaining
(R) on each toothbrush are assayed. The data are presented in the following table.
Prepare a proper plot of the following experimental data set.
4. Several reactions are carried out in a closed vessel. The following data are taken for the
concentration (C) in units of grams per liter of solvent processed for compounds A and B
as a function of Time (t). Prepare a proper plot of the following experimental data set.
5. The following experimental data are collected on the current (symbolized by I, in units of
milliamperes) in the positive direction and voltage (symbolized by V in units of volts) across
the terminals of two different thermionic rectifiers. Prepare a proper plot of the following
experimental data set.
6. Plastic bottles and containers are often “blow molded” to form the shapes needed in a
particular application. This requires energy. Additional energy is also required to operate
the robots and other machines movements that complete the process. Consequently, for
any particular blow molding machine, we can measure the amount of energy or power
required for the overall process.
Get Free Quote!
304 Experts Online