1. This is an individual assignment.
2. You may be required to demonstrate and present your work to an exam board.
3. A soft-copy of the report along with all digital artefacts must be uploaded to the VLE upload area by the deadline below. All files must be archived into a single .zip file. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the uploaded zip file and all contents are valid. You must include all source, make files, any scripts and instructions required to compile the code.
4. Reports (and code) that are difficult to follow due to low quality in the writing-style/organisation/presentation will be penalised.
5. Assignment queries are to be made strictly during the beginning of lectures or posted to the assignment’s forum on VLE, as of when individual tasks are announced in class till one week before the deadline (excluding recess).
6. This assignment comprises 100% of the final CPS1011 assessment mark.
7. You are to allocate 50 to 60 hours for this assignment.
8. The report must be organized according to the task sequence, and for each clearly explaining the relevant code fragments as well as the program’s output listings. The full source code files must also be uploaded to VLE (as explained above) along with 2 CMakeLists.txt, one for each of tasks 1 and 2. A readme.txt file must be included in the root directory of the archive file describing the content’s organization.
9. While it is strongly recommended that you start working on the tasks as soon as they are announced in class, the firm submission deadline is Wednesday 8th January 2020 at NOON.
1. Problem solving. (Total-45 marks)
For each of the following tasks, the allocated marks are equally split between:
• correct application of programming principles;
• source code explanation; and
• working solution as demonstrated for all tasks through task (c).