Use the Internet or Strayer online databases to research five (5) of what you believe to be the most important and pressing economic issues that confront the United States healthcare industry today and will continue to do so into the next decade.
Provide a review of these issues in a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
- Provide a detailed description of the issues that you have researched.
- Analyze the most significant economic effects of the researched issues on the healthcare industry. Provide at least two (2) examples of these issues to support your response.
- Suggest specific strategies that relevant entities/stakeholders may use to address the selected issues from an economic perspective. Justify your response.
- Determine the strategic manner in which the United States can apply best economic best practices from other countries in addressing these issues.
- Assess the likelihood of government and or private sector effectively addressing the issues.
- Use at least ten (10) current references. Five (5) of these references must be from current peer-reviewed sources to support and substantiate your comments and perspectives.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Analyze the factors that are influencing the demand and supply of health care services in the U.S.
- Compare and contrast the U.S. health care system with the health care system of other countries.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health economics.
- Write clearly and concisely about health economics using proper writing mechanics.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.