GRADED DISCUSSION WEEK 1
Cash conversion cycle
In your initial response to the topic you have to answer all 6 questions.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic as well as respond with
value added comments to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.
1. Go to http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/LMT/financials?p=LMT and get a quote for
Lockheed Martin. On the left column, scroll down and select “Income Statement.” Write
down the annual sales, cost of goods sold, and depreciation expense for the most recent year.
For some companies depreciation expense can be found in Cash Flow statement.
2. Select the firm's Balance Sheet. Write down the balances shown for the firm's inventories,
accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
3. Using the information from parts a and b, calculate its inventory turnover, accounts
receivable turnover, and accounts payable turnover. You should show your work!
4. Calculate production cycle (also called Days of Sales in Inventory), collection cycle (also
called Number of Days of Credit or Days of Sales Outstanding), and accounts payable
cycle (also called Days of Payable Outstanding). You should show your work!
5. What is the company’s cash conversion cycle? You should show your work! Please note
that there is a typo in the textbook. The correct formual is
CCC = DSI + DSO – DPO
6. Discuss the results that you receive in one paragraph. Should the company decrease cash
conversion cycle? Please explain your answer.