Design and undertake an analysis of the relationships, causal or correlational, between levels of employee engagement and organisational performance, measured by both process efficiency and corporate outcomes.
Create justified, cost effective and strategically defensible action plans for promoting engagement within their own organisation and elsewhere.
Systematically evaluate levels of employee engagement within organisations, functions and business units and recommend and implement programmes designed to achieve remedial changes or embed levels of engagement already accomplished.
Generic Assessment Criteria
Business orientation: The ability to locate the HRM / HRD topic in ‘the big picture’ as part of
an organisation’s strategy
Application capability: The ability to identify, construct, present and defend practical
‘solutions’ to problems and opportunities for future improvement taking in to consideration legal
and ethical obligations.
Knowledge and understanding: Demonstration of the ability to analyse, challenge and
evaluate both theory and research on the one hand and corporate policies and practices on the
Presentation and Persuasion: The ability to communicate conclusions about debates and
issues in the fields of HRM or HRD to specialist and non-specialist audiences
Produce a 3000 word (+10%) critical analysis on the contribution of employee engagement in a known organisation to business success, but choose a company where there’s still room for more engagement to prepare action plan accordingly.
The analysis should include:-
· How the organisation concerned measures the relationship between levels of employee
engagement and organisational performance
· How employee engagement is promoted in the organization
· Analyze the evidence for promoting engagement through recruitment process, employee branding, onboarding, etc.
· Focus on the psychological contract
· How levels of employee engagement are measured within the business and appropriate
actions taken to remedy problems and issues highlighted.
To support the analysis you should produce a portfolio of supporting evidence as follows:-
· An audit of employee engagement within the organisation
· A justified, cost-effective and strategically defensible implementation plan for promoting
employee engagement within the organisation and addressing the outcomes of your
audit. (No word count restriction)
· Evidence of how you evaluated your implementation plan and the overall contribution of your implementation plan to improved employee engagement and subsequent organisational success (e.g. through high performance working).
You must include one appendix in the form of an implementation plan, providing detail of your
recommendations and to support your critical review. The appendix must be discussed and referenced from the recommendations in your report. There is no word count restriction.
Please note: the implementation plan is referred to as an action plan in the learning outcomes.
You should follow this structure when writing your assignment:
· Terms of reference
· Analysis of findings
Must include reference and bibliography
The report should be clearly structured with academic underpinning to support the line of argument. Evidence should be drawn from a range of credible sources (i.e. textbooks, theoretical sources, journals and government, consultancy and research reports.
Report includes the following sections:
How the organisation measures the relationship between levels of employee engagement and organisational performance
What are current challenges to employee engagement in this organization
Considering the psychological contract in times of change and how to overcome resistance to change
How the organisation promotes employee engagement
How employee engagement is continually measured in the business and how appropriate actions are take
What are the financial, political or social restrictions
Appendices Portfolio (appendices to Critical Review) include:
1. An audit of employee engagement at the organisation
2. A justified, cost effective and strategically defensible implementation plan for promoting employee engagement within the organisation and addressing the outcomes of the audit
3. Evidence of how the implementation plan was evaluated and the overall contribution of the implementation plan to improved employee engagement and subsequent organisational success (e.g. through high performance working). Your implementation plan must provide details of your recommendations to support your critical review.
Appendices must be discussed and referenced in your report.
Reference style: Harvard referencing