For this part of your strategic analysis, you will first need to pull up the history of your organization, your SWOT analysis, your competitive analysis, and your recommendation of whether or not the sustainable initiative is feasible. After assembling these documents you will complete a systems analysis. (ALL ARE ATTACHED: history of your organization, your SWOT analysis, your competitive analysis).
Your systems analysis should include the following:
- Determine an activity that will impact the successful implementation of the sustainable initiative.
- Define the functions of that activity and the sub-activities involved in completing it. For example, if your activity is manufacturing clothes, your sub-activities would be buying materials, hiring employees, and finding buyers.
- Determine what can be changed in order to more effectively complete the activity, such as cutting down the number of suppliers by buying multiple items from one supplier.
- Argue how the proposed change will improve workflow and increase the chances of successfully implementing the sustainable initiative.
- If your recommendation was that the initiative is feasible, describe how your theory will help you successfully implement the initiative in your business. To demonstrate this you will need to state how the theory will help provide minimal interruptions to business productivity, increase profits after the initiative is implemented, and benefit the organization as a whole.
- If your recommendation was that the initiative is not feasible, discuss how that theory can be used to overcome any challenges you have.. For example, you may find that business is not organized enough to shift from using manufactured and heavily altered materials to undyed and unmodified materials. You might notice there are broken channels of communication between offices; sometimes managers of different factories do things their own way. Using the bureaucratic management theory and the systems management theory could come up with a solution to this problem and make the initiative feasible.
- What are the best practices of a sustainable company?
- Consider the solutions you found in the two scenarios you completed in the simulation. How do these apply? What were some of their best practices?
- Consider looking into the companies Eco-fi, Patagonia, and REKIXX. These companies have implemented this sustainable initiative. What are their best practices?
- An evidence-based solution.
- Best practices for the solution implementation.
This analysis should be 3 to 4 pages in length and formatted according to APA guidelines.
For this part of the strategic analysis you will be providing recommendations based on theory. For this part of the assignment, choose a business management theory. Apply that theory to one of the following options:
This section should be a minimum of 3 to 4 pages in length and in APA format.
This section will deal with solutions founded on evidence-based research.
Consider the following when developing your solution:
You have developed solutions to your problems using theories, now you will need to use evidence-based best practices in the industry to come up with alternative solutions to these problems. If you found there would be no issues making the change, then you should be using evidence-based best practices to provide suggestions on how the transition can go as smoothly as possible.
In this assignment be sure to describe: