A. Read the Case “Volkswagen’s “Clean Diesel” Campaign” at the end of Chapter 14 and response to the following:
B Read chapter 14 and Discuss
1. How do new technologies increasingly enable businesses to collect and use vast amounts of personal data about their customers and potential customers? Explain. Do you think these trends benefit consumers or not, and why?
2. In your opinion, do U.S. product liability laws need to be changed? If so, how? If not, why not? Investigate proposed changes in product liability laws over the last several years and evaluate them.
A. Read the Case “The Ugly Side of Beautiful Nails” at the end of Chapter 15 and response to the following:
1. This section describes several “workplace rights.” Which of these rights are violated in the nail salon industry, and what evidence do you have of this?
2. To what degree do you think managers in the nail salon industry would be able to improve conditions voluntarily if they wished to do so, and why do you think so?
3. What factors make it particularly difficult for workers in the nail industry to organize to improve their own conditions, and how could these factors be overcome?
4. What factors make it particularly difficult for government policy makers and regulators to make rules for the nail industry and enforce them? How could these factors be overcome?
5. What do you think is the best way to improve conditions for workers in the nail industry?
Get Free Quote!
350 Experts Online