CRITICAL THINKING ASSIGNMENT (100 points)
Reviewing The Adventures of an IT Leader
For this assignment, complete a 3-5 page summary based on your readings in The Adventures of an IT Leader.
As you read the chapters, think about pertinent issues and the relationship of these factors to situation outcomes. As you prepare your paper, respond to the following questions:
- How much time and effort should an information technology (IT) department devote to scanning for and analyzing emerging technologies?
- What are your responses to Bernie Ruben’s three questions in taking action on the blog issue at IVK:
- What if anything should we do about this blog entry?
- What should be our general policy about blogging based on inside information from within the company?
- What should be our process for spotting emerging technologies and analyzing them to see how they might be relevant to use for better or worse?
- Which of the three proposed processes should IVK sue for enforcing infrastructure technology standards? Recommend and justify.
- Is IT standardization and innovation (or flexibility) in conflict in an organization like IVK?
- What do you think of the kid’s toolkit approach to management?
Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing references as appropriate.
It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments to the Turnitin Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading.