In this assignment, you will use data software to create some visualizations. This assignment is designed to help you become familiar with the software and learn some new ways to visualize data. In the first part of this assignment, you should download the software and watch some beginning tutorial videos. In the second part, you should complete all the steps within the file and upload your finished assignment to blackboard.
Part One: Installing the software.
1. Navigate to https://www.tableau.com/academic/students and begin downloading the software. You can apply for a free key from Tableau.
2. You will want to download Tableau Desktop.
3. Tableau has some great introductory videos, so check them out here:
Creating your first visualizations from data.
Key Tips as you get started:
• Whenever you see ‘Abc’ or ‘Abc123’ they are possibly referring to a symbol for a textbox (looks like the letter T in a box). It all depends on the version you download.
• Right-click drags on a Mac are Option + left click drag
All the instructions are located within the other attached file in the caption area to the right. You should start with worksheet 1 (bottom left) and work your way through the worksheets. You should also create a dashboard.
How you are graded: