Research Project International Business
The project will focus on the new market entry activities of an
organization during the last five years. New market entry activities
refers to either entering a new country/market, or an organization
offering a new product or service. Market entry can refer to various
activities such as exporting, licensing, franchising, or foreign direct
investment. You’ll be required to select the following geographical
choices: Japan, China, India, other Asia, Australia, Western
Europe, Mexico, the United States, South Africa, other Africa,
Latin America, or Brazil.
Should make sure that the information you will need is available
prior to asking for a choice as once you are approved there will be
The following issues are expected to be addressed both in your
paper and presentation:
1) An overview of the firm and product.
2) The type of international market entry.
3) The organizations rationale for that market entry choice.
4) A review of the preparatory steps undertaken by the
5) A discussion of the cultural differences encountered by the
6) A discussion of the problems, opportunities and
competition. (SWOT analysis and Conversion Matrix
should be included)
7) An evaluation of the results of the market entry effort.