Need Assistance in developing an executive summary presentation that should be 10 to 12 slides in length, accompanied by speaker notes.
Develop an executive summary presentation with speaker notes and citations based on the case study. In your presentation, you will analyze the case study, determine the cause of the conflict, recommend corrective actions to resolve the conflict and make recommendations to avoid similar conflicts in the future.
Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Defining Goals: In this section, you will summarize the desired resolution to the conflict in the case study based on your knowledge of the organization’s business goals, customer needs, and the process that needs to improve.
- Construct a problem statement that clearly articulates the personnel conflict that has arisen. Be sure to consider the project scope and future- state goal in contextualizing the conflict.
- Using the template provided, complete a stakeholder analysis, identifying the key stakeholders that are involved in or affected by the current situation and future-state goal as articulated in the problem statement.
- Using the template provided, develop high-level suppliers, inputs, process, outputs, and customers (SIPOC) process map, identifying the quantitative and qualitative variables that are likely to contribute to the conflict.
- Measuring Performance: In this section, you will create a process to gather data on the current situation.
- Propose a process to effectively collect data on the identified variables (from the SIPOC analysis) and appropriately evaluate it.
- Construct an Ishikawa diagram (fishbone diagram) of the variables that contribute to the conflict, selecting the critical variables that require further analysis.
- Describe the role of these critical variables in developing corrective changes to address the conflict in the problem statement.
- Analysis: In this section, you will begin to create a picture of what the future state will look like, focusing on the proposed solution.
- Determine the root causes of the conflict by assessing the variables you identified and the information provided in the case study.
- Construct questions you would ask of the stakeholders (voice of customer) if this were a live situation to pressure test your initial assessment of the probable root causes.
- Using the “Five Whys” process, construct additional questions you anticipate needing to ask as stakeholders answer your initial question.
- Improve: The goal of this section is to demonstrate that the solutions you propose should resolve the organizational conflict in the case study, leading to an improved future state.
- Recommend appropriate corrective actions to address the previously determined root causes of the conflict.
- Propose quantifiable metrics that could measure progress in implementing the recommended corrective actions.
- Identify potential areas of resistance to the recommended corrective actions, providing recommendations to reduce such resistance.
- Assess the effectiveness of various leadership styles on employee engagement and employee empowerment in the case study.
- Determine how an effective team-building process could have prevented some of the issues with the dysfunctional team in the case study. You might consider team-building models like Drexler/Sibbet or Tuckman.
- Recommend effective leadership styles and team-building processes that organizational leadership could use to promote increased employee
In Module Three, you will take what you have learned about Define and begin your work on your selected case study, establishing the Define phase of the
DMAIC process. This milestone is graded with the Milestone One Rubric.
In Module Five, you will provide the Measure and Analyze phases of the DMAIC process and apply them to your selected case study. You will first measure performance by creating a process to gather data on the current situation and then begin to create a picture of what the future state will look like, focusing on the proposed solution. This milestone is graded with the Milestone Two Rubric.
In Module Seven, you will submit a draft of the Improve phase for your selected case study. It should focus on your Improve recommendations, while also probing those recommendations for unwanted consequences. This milestone is graded with the Milestone Three Rubric.
engagement and foster collaboration moving forward.
Milestone One: Defining Goals
Milestone Two: Measuring and Analyzing Conflict
Milestone Three: The Improve Phase—The Path to Solving Conflict
Your executive summary presentation should be 10 to 12 slides in length, accompanied by speaker notes. It should be of professional quality. Use APA formatting and citations.
***Final Submission: Executive Summary Presentation With Speaker Notes
In Module Nine, you will submit your final presentation. It should contain the compilation of your learning, incorporating all instructor feedback on your three previous milestones and showcasing the DMAIC process for your selected case study. It should be a complete, polished artifact containing all of the critical elements of the final product. It should reflect the incorporation of feedback gained throughout the course. This submission will be graded using the Final Project Rubric.