Instructions: Read the links in the drop box besides these are my additional suggestions:
1) Download the worksheet and keep a clean copy of the file on a safe place like your homework file. You have created it on your computer desktop.
2) Most of you do not know how to read topographic maps, if you do go ahead and get it done. But if you do not know, then read the information in the two links. You do not need to buy the book!
3) Print a copy of the worksheet and get a light brown or green coloring pencil. Locate the 0 elevation contour line and color all the area above sea level this is elevation greater than 0. Positive values indicate above sea level, negative values below sea level. So now you can see the island of Puerto Rico and the Puerto Rico Trough or Trench as well as the Hawaiian Islands. These depth values are in meters.
4) Find the highest positive values Max elevation and Max depth highest negative values found across the straight lines (vertical cross sections) across the contour lines. This thick straight line is the line of the vertical section or profile. These sections depict the variation in elevation along the line. The panels: A, B, C and D are their graphic representations.
5) To select which cross section is the right one look for the starting height or water depth at the beginning and end of the lines. Then look in between too!
Get Free Quote!
422 Experts Online