As part of the assigned work for this research project, you are required to use Matlab, or any other equivalent programing tool, to perform tasks related to control.
▪ Rules and measures of evaluation: Modeling, Design and Simulation
▪ This project consists of two units
1) Unit 1: A practical application of frequency domain analysis and control in industry.
2) Unit 2: A practical application of time domain analysis and control in industry.
▪ The introduction should include the application of the given device or process in industry, the literature review of the controller design for this device or process and the organization of the report.
▪ The modeling should include a detailed model of the device or process starting from physical laws to transfer function. If the process is nonlinear it is linearized according to the guidelines given below.
▪ Controller design should include the existing performance of the uncompensated (uncontrolled) system, the desired performance as stated in the guidelines below and the steps of design to achieve the desired performance.
▪ Simulation should be carried out for the uncompensated and compensated system with figures including both performances, and comments on the performance before and after compensation.
▪ Conclusion should include comments on the overall process design and the merits of the design.
References are added in this part.