Visualize this Tim Horton’s system process using BPMN (BPMN = Business Process Model and Notation)
1. The manager goes by an unchanging template (the template lists how many of each inventory item should be in stock.) The problem with this is that certain weeks or time of the year we are selling different products more than others. Also some days are busier than others making the template less efficient.
2. The manager then uses the paper list of all inventory items and does a check to see how many are in stock; The manager takes the list while she goes to storage and writes down the items and their respective amounts.
3. After she obtains the amount of needed inventory, she then enters them into the “order form” on the computer and places the orders
4. After the shipment is received the product is packed at a separate warehouse and carted by a truck to the Tim Horton’s branch every Monday and Friday.
5. When the items get to the branch, they are received by an who goes through a list and confirms all the items have been received.
6. At the end of the night, an employee makes a record of all damaged items received.