Assessment 2: Essay
Length: 2500 words
Due 23 November 2019
The student should make use of appropriate academic language relevant to the subject, and incorporate a conclusion that is consistent with the evidence in the essay about the topic.
Choose a psychological disorder and discuss the effectiveness of a treatment option of your choice that has been covered thus far in the module.
The essay should specifically include:
· A description of the psychological disorder
· A description of the treatment option which is based on a psychological theory (e.g. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, REBT or Rogerian Therapy etc.). It is not expected of the student to describe the theory, but rather to discuss the treatment option that is based on the theory;
· Discussion of the effectiveness of the treatment option (with supporting literature) in relation to the chosen disorder; and
· Students should include a minimum of 5 credible sources, adhering to APA 6 th edition format
· Your own critical reflection in relation to your findings (i.e. are you in agreement with the findings? What are the reasons for your answer?). Please note that this section should not exceed one paragraph. Please note the following:
· The assessment format needs to be consistent with what is required in an APA paper (see the sample paper on MySACAP). (Introduction, body, index page, conclusion, references)
· A minimum of five (5) credible, academic sources need to be incorporated into the essay. This should be cited both in text and in the reference list. Please ensure that you reference in APA 6 th edition format.
· The content of the essay should clearly draw upon and reflect the theory expressed through the literature and other resource materials studied in this module.