Through the use of Solver help the management team of Maple Inc. reach a conclusion.
1. Read the case, “Designing Optimal Capacity Planning Strategies”
2. Calculate the optimum production schedule for the five years demand with the Guadalajara plant.
3. Calculate the optimum production schedule for the five years demand without Guadalajara plant.
4. Calculate the yearly cost savings of opening the Guadalajara plant
5. Prepare a proposal for the management team of Maple on what to do:
o Should they open the Guadalajara plant? Why yes or why not?
o Should they shut down the operations of any plant?
o Be sure to provide management implications of your recommendations including: HR, Marketing, PR Production, and Finance.
1 of 2: Submit your Excel file with your work in solver and any relevant calculations.
2 of 2: Submit a maximum one Word page (~500 words, excluding exhibits) with your write-up including the answers above. Do not structure as Q&A, prepare a business report addressed to Richard Rubrics.