Business Model Deconstruction
30% of total unit assessment
Due: Vacation week Monday (13th April 2020) 5:00 pm AEST
To be completed individually, you are required to prepare a business report that deconstructs an organisation's business model and identifies the critical success factors that make the business sustainable. Your analysis will demonstrate your critical thinking skills and your ability to professionally articulate your findings.
Before commencing, you must seek your lecturer's approval to undertake an analysis of the business you have chosen. The type of organisation that should be identified for study is one that is relatively new, innovative in how they operate, and have most likely been established in the last five years.
To achieve a result that meets your study objectives, please ensure the business report addresses each of the assessment criteria detailed below and which is elaborated in the marking rubric.
Format: Business Report
Business Model Canvas format: From Osterwalder & Pigneur (2010)
Reference Format: American Psychological Association (APA)
Please submit via Turnitin in Moodle
Return Date to Students:
Week 6 Friday 24th April 2020
Results and marking comments will be available through Feedback Studio. Please click on the blue pencil to access the feedback.
1. Provide a succinct description of the business, the industry in which it operates, the market or markets it serves, and the products and services it provides (10%)
2. Deconstruct the business model of the selected business using the nine building blocks in Osterwalder & Pigneur’s canvas (20%)
3. Explain the key interrelationships that exist across the nine building blocks (20%)
4. Identify and discuss the critical success factors the business has to get right to achieve sustainable success (10%)
5. Evaluate what factors might impact the success of the business model (10%)
6. Discuss the changes you would make to the business model if this was your business (20%)
7. Quality of written submission, minimum 6 peer-reviewed journals, and APA referencing format (10%).
Learning Outcomes Assessed:
· Define and apply key concepts of innovation in commercial, digital, service, and social contexts
· Demonstrate an understanding of and apply the stages of the innovation process, including learn how to forecast the success and market diffusion of your innovation using business model design logic
· Identify and discuss the technical, financial and organisational constraints to innovation in markets that occur in real-life through the use of teamwork and brainstorming.