are teaching a class on politics in the media, and you want your students
to search for trending political stories online.
What is the best and most
efficient way they can find information on trending subjects?
- Do a Google search for "Political trends" and search for
- Create a questionnaire in Forms to send to fellow students to
understand trends within the school.
- Go to Google Trends and browse through current trends across multiple
categories and countries.
- Go to Google Analytics to see most viewed web pages and searches.
- mr vanko is marking student assignments and keeps finding incorrect
facts supported by unreliable sources. What should he explain to help his
students about finding online sources?
- Verify all online information with textbooks
- Check the website that looks reputable and professional
- Contact the author directly to understand their research
- Check the integrity of the author, and whether they are an expert
on the topic
- They shouldn't trust any information found online
- Students in a programming class have asked if you can help them
arrange a hackathon to support their autonomous robot development project.
Match hackathon tasks with Google
Create a print-friendly event schedule
Creating a project timeline to ensure everyone knows what
deadlines and responsibilities they have
Gathering feedback form other programming students on their
preferred development tools
Presenting the final solution to an audience
Creating a flow diagram for the development process
(Sheets, Docs, Forms, Drawings, Slides)
- Mr Jackson is an enthusiastic geography
teacher, and wants to inspire other geography teachers to make use of
Google tools to help their students understand the world they live in and
meet other students overseas. What activity could he do to promote cross-continent
discussions with others with other geography classes?
- Send a Calendar invite to schools across
the world to see who would be available for a face to face discussion
- Get his students to create a group class
presentation using SLides about what they do in their spare time, and
share it with schools in other countries.
- Send a questionnaire using forms to
teachers around the world to distribute to their students asking about
their life where they live.
- Officer Mystery Location Calls using
Hangouts with his class and other classes around the world for students
to guess where they are based.
- Miss Jackson wants to create a classroom
full of independent learners. Why should she first teach her class how to
search and explore effectively online? (select 2)
- because it's too easy for students to
get distracted by online games,
- So students never have to carry paper
- So students can find answers to their
- Because youtube is full of disruptive
- So students will understand how to get
assistance beyond their teacher
- Ms. Acton is coaching her students who
struggle to write long essays, especially when it comes to finding
relevant articles and citing their sources. How can her students use
Google Scholar to help improve these skills? (multiple select)
- Search for articles by particular author
- Request results within a date range
- Use the related articles feature to find
additional research related to specific search results
- Use the cite tool to correctly format
- Find academic sources and save the links
to my library within scholar
- Access and the read the entirety of all
search results ina free online
- Mr. Sprowsstown has determined that google
Sites offers the most flexible option to showcase different kinds of student
work from his geography classes. 4 types of media which can be integrated
into a Site and which cannot.
Site Page Integration