n this section you will learn background information that will prepare you to understand and complete each of the milestones of this case study. This information includes a history of the business, a description of the business’s current facilities, and the descriptions of the problems that triggered the project.
Systems Consulting is a provider of managed computer networks and web services located
As a small organization, Coastline is an informal, "shirt-sleeve" environment. Everyone is on a first-name basis, even with Peter Charles, the president.
· Each technician works uses a Dell notebook:
o Pentium M class machines with 512 MB RAM, 30-50 GB hard drives
· The bookkeeper/receptionist has a Dell Optiplex desktop running a Pentium 4, 256 MB RAM, and an 80 GB hard drive:
· Operating systems - MS Windows Windows XP Professional
· Tools - MS Office 2003 suite plus other software depending on use
· Internet Browser – IE 6 and Mozilla FireFox
· E-mail Client - Mozilla Thunderbird
· Various inkjet and laser printers
· Dell PowerEdge 2800 Server
o 1 GB of RAM, 80 GB RAID-5 hard drive storage
o Operating system - MS Windows Server 2003
o Providing DHCP, Security, and Internet Access, and Database Management (SQL Server 2000)
· Dell PowerEdge 1850 Server
Get Free Quote!
295 Experts Online