This assignment contributes to the assessment of the following learning outcomes:
1. Demonstrate critical knowledge and understanding of innovation theories and concepts which enhance value for businesses as enablers of an innovative organisation
2. Critically apply web based technologies and user experience design principles to create usable systems
3. Demonstrate the ability to formulate and evaluate an innovation strategy for a new technology-based product or service venture
4. Reflect on the consequences of technological innovation and the impacts on society, environment and political agendas (e.g. industrial strategy, sustainability, etc.)
This assignment constitutes 100% towards the final mark for this module. Any queries relating to this assignment should be directed to:
Dr Muhammad Ali Kazmi (Muhammad.Kazmi@Northumbria.ac.uk) or
Faisla Hashmi (Faisal.Hashmi@Northumbria.ac.uk)
Type of the submission required
This is an INDIVIDUAL piece of work contributing towards the module assessment. Deliverables should be assembled into a single report document, which includes (critical discussion and analysis, research, and snapshot evidences of tasks carried out and justification of technologies and design choices you have used). Submission will be in the form of a MS word report (4000 words).
Williams Ltd is a small size retail business that trade in clothes and accessories. The company currently owns two high street stores, and the managing director is considering expanding its business operation into the online market space to transform it into innovative organisation using different strategies for entering the new web market. With this rapid growth in technology innovation, Williams Ltd needs to use relevant innovation theories and concepts to improve value for their business. They are unsure of which web based technologies and user experience design principles should be used to create functioning and innovative systems. The company has hired you as a consultant to research and design a website and produce a report to achieve the following tasks as outlined below along with marks breakdown. You can make necessary assumptions about user personas/customer profiles in order to develop requirements for the innovative front-end web solution.
1. In your report, you need to demonstrate critical knowledge and understanding of innovation theories and concepts that enhance value for businesses as enablers of an innovative organisation (20%).
2. Critically apply web based technologies and user experience design principles to create innovative front end website. You could consider using some of the elements of user-centred approach as suggested by Jesse James Garrett. In your report, you need to discuss the use of web based technologies solutions for a given scenario, and must demonstrate valid use of concepts learned from the course (30%).
Get Free Quote!
305 Experts Online