Your explanations: give all your explain the steps you use.
Consider the following series of MIPS instructions:
We want to perform this suite of instructions on an 8-stage pipeline that has a sending unit. Here are the important stages for this pipeline:
1. Beginning of instructional reading.
2. End of instructional reading.
3. Reading of source registers. This is where the values from stages 5, 6, 7 and 8 can be returned by the sending unit.
4. Start of calculations for the arithmetic instructions.
5. End of calculations for arithmetic instructions. It is from here that the values of the arithmetic instructions can be sent to the floor 3.
6. Start reading the values in memory.
7. End of reading the values in memory. It is from here that the values of read instructions in memory can be sent on floor 3.
8. Write in the destination register (at the end of the cycle).