Forum post responding to both textbook and online required readings or films about people with disabilities or access or functional needs. This is a two-part post. We welcome your perspective on this important topics related to emergency preparedness response and recovery. For this week’s required articles, textbook readings, or films, please post:
- One quote illustrating a new fact you learned from this week’s textbook chapter. Explain why you selected this quote.
- One quote illustrating a new fact you learned from this week’s articles. Explain why you selected this quote.
- One question that emerged for you that could include one or more of the following:
- Something you would like more information about
- Something that moved you, concerned you, or compelled you to take action.
- Something that was unclear
Part Two: You have the option of posting one of the following:
1. Come up with your own disaster plan. What would you do if something happened at CSUEB? How would you accommodate people with disabilities, whether they be faculty, staff or students, or yourself if you have a disability?
2. Create an Emergency Planning Poster for Disabled People
* What should be in your ‘go bag’ from a disabled person’s perspective
* If you’re on the CSUEB campus, what are emergency resources?