· Open the file NP_EX16_CS1-4a_FirstLastName_1.xlsx, available for download from the SAM website.
· Save the file as NP_EX16_CS1-4a_FirstLastName_2.xlsx by changing the “1” to a “2”.
o If you do not see the .xlsx file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
· With the file NP_EX16_CS1-4a_FirstLastName_2.xlsx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in cell B6 of the Documentation sheet.
o If cell B6 does not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
1. Geneva Huddleston works for SpringLeaf Designs. Over the years, the company has released a variety of products, and Geneva’s manager would like her to make a spreadsheet to help the company keep track of sales figures.
Change the theme of the workbook to Office.
2. On the Merchandise worksheet, change the width of columns D through G to 14.00 characters.
3. Change the height of row 2 to 32 pt.
4. Merge and center the contents of the range B2:J2.
5. Format the merged ranges B2:J2 and L2:M2 as described below:
a. Apply the Title cell style.
b. Apply bold formatting.
c. Change the font color to Green, Accent 6, Darker 50% (10th column, 6th row of the Theme Colors palette).
d. Change the cell fill color to Green, Accent 6, Lighter 40% (10th column, 4th row of the Theme Colors palette).
6. Format the ranges B3:J3 and L3:M3 as described below:
a. Center cell contents.
b. Change the font to Arial Black.
c. Change the font size to 9 pt.
d. Change the font color to Green, Accent 6, Darker 50% (10th column, 6th row of the Theme Colors palette).
e. Apply the Top and Double Bottom Border cell border.
f. Apply wrap text formatting.
7. Select range B4:B14, and then increase the indent of the cell contents once.
8. Italicize the range B15:B18 and the range B20:B21.
9. Format the range I4:I18 with the Accounting number format with zero decimal places and use $ as the symbol. (Hint: Depending on how you complete this action, the number format may appear as Custom instead of Accounting.)
10. Geneva’s manager would like to see some additional information to help make sales decisions.