• Please answer ONE question from EACH section. This means writing two responses, one in response to Culture and one in response to Religion.
• Please avoid editorializing or simply offering a personal opinion. Cite your sources and the readings you use to support your answers.
• Each answer should be five pages in length. Please use Times New Roman 12 point font, double spaced, with one inch margins on a standard 8 ½ by 11 inch page.
• Please cite your sources clearly so that I may look them up if needed. Do not use Wikipedia, a dictionary, or any online encyclopedia as sources.
• Your MidTerm Responses are due by 11:00 pm on Thursday, February 6th Submit your responses to D2L.
• If you have questions or would like additional information, please email me at email@example.com and write, “Jesus Across Cultures” in the subject line of your message.
1. How would you describe culture? Please use information from Tanner, Bevans, course notes, etc., to support your description. Please remember to define and explain the categories of high, folk, and popular culture and provide clear examples. Why are these distinctions helpful in the study of religion? Ideas regarding conceptual framing and cultural sensibilities are also helpful in supporting your response.
2. We have discussed the concepts of conceptual framing and cultural sensibilities quite a bit in this course. Please define and explain these concepts and provide very clear examples to support your explanation. How does conceptual framing and cultural sensibility connect with the ideas of premodernity, modernity, and postmodernity?
3. What is meant by the term, theological anthropology? Please be specific and provide sources and examples as they explicitly relate to culture. From our course discussions and reading assignments, how can you make the connection between the idea of theological anthropology the Abrahamic traditions of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam?
4. There are examples from information media and popular culture that assume the
United States is a Christian country. Can you offer two examples and explain how
these examples may be more about American culture than Christianity? Please cite
your sources and support your thoughts with material from the course lectures,
discussions, and reading assignments. The work of both Armstrong and Tanner may
be helpful to you here.
Get Free Quote!
291 Experts Online