There is an XYZ Company, which purchases some parts from vendors to produce some products. It has several departments, marketing sites, and parts supply vendors in the company.
1) For each department, department id and department name will be recorded.
2) People in the company can be divided into three types -- employees, customers, and potential employees. Each person can belong to more than one type. Each person in the company has the following attributes: Personal_ID, Name (Last Name, First Name), Age (below 65), Gender, Address (address line 1, address line 2, city, state, zipcode), and Phone number (one individual may have more than one phone number). For customers, his/her preferred salesmen were recorded in the system. For employees, Rank and Title (e.g. CEO, Principle, Partner, etc.) will be recorded for them.
3) Each employee of the company must have only one direct supervisor, while each supervisor can have several supervisees. One employee can work for one or more departments at different time. But at one time, one employee can only work for one department. The system needs to record start time and end time for each shift among different department for one employee.
4) Each job position’s information is recorded to hire new people. It contains the Job ID, job description, and posted date in the system.
5) The job positions are posted by the departments. Both existing employees and potential employees can apply each job post by any department. The company will select some candidates from the applications and make interviews.
6) For each job position, several interviews will be made to select a suitable person.