Report: Write a research paper about your chosen topic. Try to focus on the Canadian, and preferably Ontario context. International considerations can also be included. You must cite a minimum of three academic papers in your final report. The use of additional high-quality resources (e.g. government reports, textbooks, personal communications with experts, etc.) is strongly encouraged. Use appropriate in-text citation and include a full reference list at the end of your document.
The research paper should include the following sections:
Introduction and background information
· Hydraulic concepts / theory
· Hydrological concepts / theory
· Important design equations
· Common modeling approaches and programs
Data collection and data analysis
Find a dataset related to your topic in the academic or government literature. Analyze and visualize the dataset and explain the results. You must use at least one of the following for data analysis and visualization:
· Modeling software: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, EPA-SWWM, etc.
· Spreadsheets: Excel, etc.
· Data analysis software: R, etc.
· Which government bodies are responsible for / associated with your topic?
· Relevant legislation, guidelines, and regulations in Ontario
· Consultation requirements (community, Indigenous, etc.)
· Approval/permit processes
Current initiatives future directions
· Current projects
· Challenges in current projects
· Important research topics
· Future / planned projects
· Future research directions
Summary and conclusion