Your task will be to explore the dataset using Tableau's data visualisation tools in an effort to extract commercially-important insights in preparation for a presentation of your findings to senior management of the company.
The deliverable content will be in two parts:
- a story (a collection of five dashboards) created in Tableau
- an accompanying 1,500-word report, which describes the key insights from the story, including recommendations to senior management as a result of your discoveries.
Which visualisations and which variables you wish to explore will be depend on your judgement. The task is designed to simulate real-life situations when business analysts are faced with raw data and need to spend time exploring, or mining, the dataset hoping to discover interesting trends, patterns and relationships.
- How clear your dashboards are, i.e. how effective your chosen visualisations are at show
- Creativity and imagination in your choice of visualisations.ing the insights.
- The quality and professionalism of the story.
- How well the accompanying report relates to the Tableau story, i.e. the reader of the report and story should be clear on the findings in the same way as if the reader had attended a verbal presentation of the story. (You will not actually be delivering a presentation to an audience.)
- The relevance of the recommendations to senior management contained within the report.
- The quality and professionalism of the story and report.
The length of the report should not exceed 1,500 words. You should also include an executive summary at the beginning of no more than one side of A4. Please also include a table of contents. The executive summary and table of contents are not included in the 1,500-word limit.