Google PlayStore App launch Study
Complete project Requirement Specification
A leading software development and distribution firm ,that helps individuals /Firms in
designing and launching comercially viable mobile apps has conducted a survey of the
user download behaviour on the apps across all categories on the google play store. They
also have pursued the user review for the contents that the users have downloaded and
used over a period of time. The databases for both the survey results have been provided
for further study. The Company aims to take crucial decisions before their future launches
on playstore based on the results provided by the research analysts. The company is
looking for at least the following insights from the data analysis,
1) What is the percentage download in each category on the playstore.
2) How many apps have managed to get the following number of downloads
a) Between 10,000 and 50,000
b) Between 50,000 and 150000
c) Between 150000 and 500000
d) Between 500000 and 5000000
e) More than 5000000
3) Which category of apps have managed to get the most,least and an average of 2,50,000 downloads atleast.
4) Which category of apps have managed to get the highest maximum average ratings from the users.Display the result using suaitable visualization tool(s) and also update the data into the database.
5) What is the number of installs for the following app sizes.
a) Size between 10 and 20 mb
b) Size between 20 and 30 mb
c) More than 30 mb
6) For the years 2016,2017,2018 what are the category of apps that have got the most
and the least downloads