The tasks for this project are as follows:
1. Develop a physical design for the intersection, that is, how many lanes and what channelization for the lanes.
2. Develop a complete signal timing plan – assume a pre-timed signal.
3. Using HCS software, run an HCM analysis of how the intersection is expected to operate under the proposed design and signal timing. You may not have any lane groups with LOS of E or F. You do not want lane group v/c ratios greater than 0.95
4. The fewer lanes you use and still keep a LOS of D or better, the higher your grade.
5. Make sure the design works in the simulation
Get Free Quote!
280 Experts Online